Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Daily Draw: Halloween Tarot ~ The Devil

In 1976 former president Jimmy Carter did a Playboy magazine interview in which he talked about degrees of sin. He said he had no business feeling holier-than-thou because he had committed sin in his heart and mind which made him no better than someone actually doing the deed. A concept that is easy to disregard but important to keep in mind. A little sin is still a sin, they all make the Devil laugh.

I'm reminded by this card to take stock of my own actions, forget about my neighbor or the taxi driver. I'm only responsible for my own integrity and soul.

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." ~ Voltaire/Fran├žois-Marie Arouet 1694-1778

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn