Friday, October 12, 2007

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ 9 of Swords

Would you like to stop in and borrow a cup of insomnia? You are welcome to it, what a sad sack of bother it can be. I've been plagued by it since the mid-70's and the only silver lining is I get a lot of books read in a years time.

I've read what all the experts recommend, which tells me none of those experts have never had insomnia. Their guidance generally goes like this: consistent bedtime, turn out the light, close eyes and go to sleep. Would that it were that easy. We turn out the light, close our eyes and our mind begins spinning like a bald tire in mud, round and round and round.

I'm reminded by this card I kid myself that no one ever died of insomnia but underneath I wonder...has there ever been a study of suicides and asleep-at-the-wheel auto wrecks to see if those people were also insomniacs?

"Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking." ~ Clifton Fadiman 1904-1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn