Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ The Fool

A lovely card, this fool isn't your usual moronic kid about to step off a cliff, this is a young person off on a grand adventure with his horse and dog. All are up for whatever comes. In ancient Welsh legend this is the young man who in the end became the Holy Grail's guardian.

Sometimes I think my learn-something-new each year is a fools quest. Why bother? Why make the time? Have my quests made me a better person? Who knows? Does anyone care what I'm working on? Hardly. So why do it? Because it's there to be done! New knowledge has probably always been my quest, I've just formalized one part of it in the last 10-ish years. It gives my heart, mind and soul joy and inner joy is something no one can take away, bad times or good. I highly recommend a quest, it is good for your character as my mother would say when I balked at doing something.

"People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering." ~ St. Augustine 354-430

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn