Thursday, October 4, 2007

Daily Draw: New Vision Tarot ~ Queen of Wands

In this reverse image we see the back of the throne and the hands and shoulders of the Queen we normally see. Below the throne we see a woman smoothing the hair of a young girl. I look at this image and what leaps to mind is how the mother has become the child for women my age, and the child has become mother to their mother. Our internal vision will always be of the mother figure as superwoman, yet our external vision sees the truth. Weakness, confusion, fear, timidness...

I'm reminded by this card to let kindness and honor guide my thoughts and actions in being a mother to our mothers. This is our opportunity to repay their love and rise above any perceived shortfalls.

"You may have tangible wealth untold: Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be, I had a Mother who read to me." ~ Strickland Gillilan 1869-1954

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn