Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Dead ~ 4 of Coffins

Ever look back and wish you hadn't turned down an opportunity? Sometimes life can turn on a choice, for instance a career option, or a mate. And some are just missed opportunities. Many years ago my folks invited me to go back to the Midwest with them on vacation. They were going to tour the areas where they were born and grew up. I could have gotten the time off, I could have afforded it...but I turned them down. Why? Because I smoked and they didn't and I didn't want to ride all day in a car where I couldn't smoke. I've been kicking myself for that decision for at least 25 years. The farmsteads are all gone now, most of the family and friends are gone now, my father has been gone for 18 years, mother no longer cares to travel. Dumb dumb dumb.

I'm reminded by this card to think over choices offered, to look past the surface and really see the merits and drawbacks. And once a choice is made to stop second-guessing. Done is done.

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." ~ Winston Churchill 1874-1965

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn