Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Daily Draw: Golden Estensi Tarot ~ 5 of Chalices

She is waiting for the son. I've been puzzling for days as to why a funeral has been put off until Friday. She was very old, there won't be a lot of people coming, why wait a full week? I see this card and I wonder if the delay is so the son can come from Florida. They have been estranged for at least 12 years. If he does come I'll add a note, and chalk one up for the cards.
I'm reminded by this card like and love when it comes to family are certainly two different things. I love family members I don't like very well. Is everyone this way? I've made a life commitment to a difficult family member and when I made it I made a vow I will not let the sun go down on anger...because there will be fights...but I will not allow a fight to become an estrangement and the best way to stop that is stop the fight. So far it is working, we used to fight every time we were together, we haven't had a fight since spring. Perhaps my mental commitment to myself should have been made years ago.

"When once estrangement has arisen between those who truly love each other, everything seems to widen the breach." ~ Mary Elizabeth Braddon 1837-1915

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn