Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Daily Draw: Golden Estensi Tarot ~ 6 of Wands

Our figure may appear triumphant but there seems to be a bit of 'have my cake and eat it too'. For some reason I've always thought that had a bad connotation. Perhaps as a kid I confused it with Marie Antoinette's 'let them eat cake'. But we really can have our cake and eat it too as long as we are willing to accept it. Because many won't, they act like they don't deserve good fortune. Life doesn't work like that, good fortune smiles on everyone eventually, the good, the bad, and the indifferent.

I'm reminded by this card that prayers answered and good fortune that comes to me does not impoverish someone else. Accept it with grace and thankfulness. And leaving 4 beans and a bread crust on my plate will not make the slightest difference to a starving child in where ever our mothers threated us with.

All that said, my info-junkie mind wonders so I sought out the original phrase and find we have it reversed...then it makes the meaning I originally had for it make more sense.

"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?" John Haywood 1497-1580

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn