Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cursed

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot ~ 10 of Swords
Here we see Athene who has ended the Three Furies family curse on Orestes. We do sometimes carry a family problem from generation to generation, each one refusing to admit there is a problem, or to seek qualified help. So we mentally go into the fetus position when it comes up.

I'm reminded by this card the ability to deal with my problems or conquer my fears, even irrational ones, must start from within. Thursday I touched a horse. I have no known reason for my fear of horses. I've lived next door to horses for 18 years. Our new property is bordered front and back by horses. So all alone I touched a horse, not knowing if it would bite my hand off at the elbow or grab my coat and haul me over the fence and stomp me to death...see...irrational fear. A small victory but one that took a great deal of courage.

"Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed." ~ Michael Pritchard

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn