Thursday, December 27, 2007

Daily Draw: Secret Forest Tarot ~ 10 of Wands

Interesting concept; this fellow has taken so long to haul his wands to the finish they have sprouted and become something else entirely. I've had that experience. Took so long to finish a quilt that I didn't have the fabrics needed to finalize it as planned so had to substitute, changing the original design completely. Or the finished job is so beautiful it surprises you. We bought a huge upright freezer from a friend for $75.00 in 1971. It is still running perfectly. Being an older model it is not frost free, so twice a year I let it empty down and then defrost it. The finished project looks so nice, for a few days every time I go by I open the freezer to admire.

I'm reminded by this card that sometimes it isn't so much what the job is, but knowing we've dispatched our duty to it. If it isn't impacting anyone one else there is nothing wrong with taking it slow and easy to the end.

"You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter." ~ Dilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn