Monday, December 24, 2007

Broken Ties

Daily Draw: Secret Forest Tarot ~ 5 of Cups

The decision to break off with someone is seldom an easy one. If we cared enough about them to form ties, then breaking off those ties causes pain. I've broke ties with a few long time friends, and my mother for my own sanity. And there are a few friends where there wasn't a breaking off so much as the ties rotted away from lack of use.

I'm reminded today of the pleasure of having two old and very dear friends come back into my life last week, a day apart. I'm going to make the effort to not let drifting apart happen again.

"A chord, stronger or weaker, is snapped asunder in every parting, and Time's busy fingers are not practiced in re-splicing broken ties. Meet again you may; will it be in the same way? With the same sympathies? With the same sentiments? Will the souls, hurrying on in diverse paths, unite once more, as if the interval had been a dream? Rarely, rarely." ~ Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton 1803-1873

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn