Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Daily Draw: Secret Forest Tarot ~ Ace of Swords

Sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between a butterfly and a moth. Conventional wisdom says moths have clubbed antenna, butterflies don't...but it isn't a hard and fast rule. I've never seen a butterfly in the house and I couldn't count how many moths have made a nuisance of themselves with my bedside light. Seems like 1000's, but then I'm afraid of moths aren't I? The point is, we can't always tell the difference between good news and bad news and what news is both kinds of news.

I'm reminded by this card of some of the really bad news we've had over the years. Job loss, parent death, chronic illness, weather related disasters. At the time that news was all bad, black and terrible. But from the distance time provides us I can see that from the bad has come some long term good news in being better stewards of our lives.

"Bad news goes about in clogs, Good news in stockinged feet." ~ Welsh Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn