Saturday, December 15, 2007

Daily Draw: Visconti Tarot ~ 5 of Wands

Competition. I was born without a competition bone. My friends won't play games with me because I don't care who wins or deliberately let them win which is worse apparently. Sports? Fagidaboutit, who cares? I just can't think where competition would make me a better person. I set the bar quite high for myself but the measure is never against anyone else, only what I know I can do and exceed with effort. So I'll leave the joy of competition to others, with befuddlement, I just don't get it.

I'm reminded by this card that our differences are what make us interesting.

"When we are in competition with ourselves, and match our todays against our yesterdays, we derive encouragement from past misfortunes and blemishes. Moreover, the competition with ourselves leaves unimpaired our benevolence toward our fellow men." ~ Eric Hoffer 1898-1983

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn