Friday, December 14, 2007

Daily Draw: Visconti Tarot ~ Queen of Cups

Humm...why does this queen have apple green gloves on? My Dictionary of Symbols says gloves are an emblem of investiture, and in a group, whomever is the last one with gloves on is the Alpha leader. The way she is holding her cup, which looks more like an urn for ashes to me, her posture, and the direction she is looking, it seems likely she is preforming a function of State. A queen with many duties and responsibilities and probably little time for herself yet eternally gracious and courteous to all.

I'm reminded by this Queen grace under fire is a quality much to be admired, taming my hair trigger temper would be a good thing to work on.

"That milkmaid's lot is better than mine, and her life merrier." ~ Queen Elizabeth I 1533-1603

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn