Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Daily Draw: Soprafino Tarot ~ 2 of Wands

Pink ribbons. Ugly options. I drew this same card for a dear friend last night who is facing a double mastectomy or a shortened lifespan. She is truly horrified by the idea of the surgery; at her age and frailty reconstruction isn't an option. Yet she is a tough fighter...not a choice anyone can make for her, but the cards recognized she has two equally difficult views to consider.

I'm reminded by this card to treat friends and strangers tenderly. We can't know what burdens they bear behind the facade of a composed countance.

experimenting
I hung the moon
on different branches of the pine
~ Tachibana Hokushi 1665-1718

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you've really had quite an emotionally challenging month so far, haven't you? I wish your friend a beautiful recovery from her surgery.

    ♥ Kiki

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn