Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Daily Draw: Soprafino Tarot ~ King of Cups

Our King looks like all is well in the counting house...until you look at his hands. They are clenched so tight I'll bet his fingernails are leaving bloody imprints. I suppose a King in 1835 could go Berserker and get it out of his system. Today the paparazzi would infarct as one should a head of state show emotion that wasn't fully controlled. I wonder what sort of people aspire to office or fame that can live this way.

I'm reminded by this card how glad I am to have chosen a relatively simple and obscure lifestyle. You couldn't give what the famous have to me on a plate because the public life wouldn't begin to be worth it.

"The trappings of lifestyle are often that; traps." ~ Thomas Leonard 1955-2003

1 comment:

  1. I agree...I could never live my life in the public eye. I would much rather have my quiet life than to be famous!

    We both pulled the King of Cups today! :) I just got your PM at AT...I'll write back to you there in a little bit.

    Have a beautiful day,
    ♥ Kiki

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn