Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Tarot ~ Star

Da Vinci's beautiful dancer reaching for a star expresses well this card's place in the tarot, and the ability of optimism to reach our own stars and pessimism which can keep us firmly rooted in place.

This card is a reflection of what I'm finding as I close toward the end of my deck collection. I've kept pushing the ones I thought would be hard to work with to the end of the queue. That was a pessimistic and short-sighted opinion. As I've used the Lombardy, Secret Forest, Ancient Egyptian, and Saints I've found them all to be enjoyable, interesting, and easy to read. Often we are the only roadblocks in our life, because we hesitate to take that first step, blocked from pleasure or success by our own preconceived notions.

"Pessimism is playing the sure game. You cannot lose at it. It is the only view of life in which you can never be disappointed. Having reckoned what to do in the worst possible circumstances, when better arise, as they may, life becomes child's play." ~ Thomas Hardy 1840-1928

The Da Vinci Tarot from Lo Scarabeo, via Llewellyn Publishing in the U.S., 2005 has broght to life many of the uncompleted sketches from Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks, using the great skills of Iassen Ghiuselev and A. Atanas Atanassov; excellent companion book by Mark McElroy.

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping your continued Tarot journey brings you great growth, confidence, and expanded awareness of the forces at work in your life and the world around you!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn