Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Saints ~ 6 of Coins

Unconditional love. Funny how difficult that is for humans, and how common it is in our animals. Most of us respond to a request for love with "I love you in spite of your faults" rather than "I love you because of your faults". A sad and miserly way of loving, when we pick and choose the parts we'll accept.

I'm reminded by this card that I have faults beyond number and have no basis for rating someone else by perceived shortcomings. We are all God's children, high time we began to act like it.

"I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the common fiber of life, the flame of that heats our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives." ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross 1926-2004

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see you're using the Tarot of the Saints this week. I got this beautiful deck for Christmas and I'm reading your comments with interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heia.

    I have been reading your tarotblog for a while. Great stuff. Very fresh interpretations of some of the cards.

    Wonderful, it is.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn