Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ Analysis

If there was ever a card with my name on it, this would be the one. I often refer to myself as an info-junkie; I love to learn new things, and follow hints and bits until I have the full story. That is probably the same reason for my love of mystery books. I'm taking part in the story as it unfolds, not laying there like a lump waiting for the slow-in-coming popular fiction story to fall on me.

I'm reminded by this card of the down side and why I have a 3-week-rule. Usually a couple of times a year I'll run across something fascinating and I'll research the bejebbers out of it. But I've learned from expensive experience to wait at least 3 weeks before I spend any money on this new and exciting subject. An example would be silk ribbon embroidery. I saw a stunning vest, fell in love, and spent nearly $200.00 on ribbon and books before I ever set needle to fabric. OMG, what is wrong with this picture? Could it be that I always have been and always will be, the world's worst embroiderer? Erm, yes. Having done this a few times, I've learned to live by my rule. Because quite often after 3 weeks I'll find I'm no longer interested, the knowledge itch has been scratched and I can then get on with my life.

"Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive.
When the destructive analysis of day is done,
and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again.
When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree." ~ Antoine De Saint-Exupery 1900-1944

1 comment:

  1. Loved it that you spent so much money on silk ribbon!!! I posted today about making silk ribbon birds on buttons, and linked to you about your escapade. Keep up the good work. I really like your blog!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn