Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ Language

Os is a major in this deck, but seems a sister card to yesterday's cerebral Analysis card. Because it doesn't matter what our IQ is, how we communicate determines what impression people have of us. I'm not much of a talker in real life and I'd rather take a poke in the eye with a sharp stick than use the telephone, so I've often been judged as aloof, stand-offish, snooty, taciturn, stoic...but I make up for it in the virtual world of computers. A friend said I was not talkative but typative.

I'm reminded by this card that there are words and then there are words. To use language to communicate with others, and to express myself here, but to keep my face and heart to the light and maintain a positive and useful position. Quality and quantity are two completely different things, if we have nothing to communicate, be still and listen.

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing."
Robert Benchley ~ 1889 - 1945

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not much of a talker in real life and I'd rather take a poke in the eye with a sharp stick than use the telephone."

    Me too!!! In fact, I don't even have a phone, haven't had one in many years. My friends and family tease me about living in the stone age. :)

    I'm also much more "typative" than talkative. I've always found it easier and more comfortable to articulate my thoughts in writing, rather than verbally. Particularly with people I'm not very familiar with.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn