Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Dreamtime ~ Brush Turkey

Brush Turkey represents us when we compare ourselves to others, think we come up short, and resort to foolish or dangerous measures that only harm us in the end. Envy is a ruthless taskmaster.

I'm reminded by this card there always have been and always will be women who are prettier, thinner, younger, smarter, richer, faster, stronger, nicer than I. I can choose to make myself sick and broke trying to look and act like someone else or I can accept myself for what I am, work on making myself a better person from the inside out, and not be concerned with what others have, do, or think of me. That is my choice, because I can recognize that none of those traits are better or more important than whatever went together to form me. As adults we have the power to make our own lives, for better or worse, with each choice we make. Let us choose to live our own life rather than miss it all by mooning for someone else's.

"Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own." ~ Harold Coffin 1905-1981

2 comments:

  1. Insightful and concise. Thank you! Pulled this card this morning and The Eagle medicine card. Interesting combination...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for stopping by and commenting. I used this oracle again all last week, it is one of my favorite decks
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn