Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Daily Draw: Robin Wood Tarot ~ Judgement

Here is a good example of Judgement today. Straight out of the box, 8-10 shuffles and the first card I draw from this deck is a nudie...already I'm thinking I'll trade off this deck for a different one. The first thing people that are prudes say is "I'm not a prude, but..." and then list all the reason that prove they really are. But...I just don't see the need for nudity in decks and particularly on the Judgement card. I have to say, "huh?".

I'm reminded by this card, as I have been several times lately about making snap judgements and assumptions. I don't know if this deck has a lot of nudity, but I know many many people love it and use it as their main reading deck. So I'll withhold my opinion until I spend a week reading with it and using it for my daily draw...and then you can judge if I'm a prude or not.

"PRUDE, n. A bawd hiding behind the back of her demeanor." ~ Ambrose Bierce 1842-1914

The deck this week is The Robin Wood Tarot, art by Robin Wood, LWB by Robin Wood and Michael Short. Published by Llewellyn Publications 1991

2 comments:

  1. Hey, funny meeting you here, Robin Wood deck! AJ, I'm not very fond of this card either, not so much because of the nudity, but for reasons that I find hard to put into words. "Over-inflated self-esteem" might be a good way to put it. I look forward to seeing how you feel about the deck at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was awful tired when I made that post, but it just bugs me that someone would think a figure representing Judgment would be a nubile 20 year old :) But...I know lots of old people who have poor judgment too...

    I thought last week's Feng Shui deck was useless when I started out but it had (and has) a lot to teach me so who knows. I love the cards, always give a surprise.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn