Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Daily Draw: Royal Fez Moroccan Tarot ~ Ace of Wands

Ah, the 4th ace of the week, I am indeed going to be flipped into something new shortly. I haven't drawn this Ace since last December but it looks like an old friend with those emerging and self-thinned leaves.

I'm reminded by this card of gardens and new interests. In both cases you eventually find there is too much too soon and you begin to thin out the spindly shoots and the overly complicated. By experimenting you see what should be the focus, what needs some training, what needs pruned back. By taking your time to do it right you end with a cornucopia of fruit and vegetables, an avocation that will occupy and entertain for a life time. Don't be afraid to try something new, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." ~ Alan Cohen

A 2nd edition 1975 U.S. Games Royal Fez Moroccan is the deck this week, published by AGMuller in Switzerland. This deck has a fascinating back-story. The 1st edition of 500 was the brain child of Roland Berrill, the founder of Mensa with art by Michael Hobdell. Mr Berrill died just after his deck was published in 1950 and it wasn't offered for distribution until many years later. If you see a deck with Rigel Press London on it snap it up! The second edition is nearly as hard to get as it rarely surfaces on the secondary market.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Quirky, 4 Aces in one week! I really enjoyed your post today. One thing I find in myself is that I start too many new things and then never finish them. Or start to learn about a new interest and then give it up before I really learn it.

    The Royal Fex Moroccan Tarot is one of my favorite decks - I'd love to have one of my own. I've been trying to find one for several years now. Whenever I find one for sale it's just too expensive.

    I hope you use yours a lot on your blog so I can enjoy the cards!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn