Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Daily Draw: Magical Menagerie ~ Crane

Longevity, vigilance, and our links to ancestors and ancient knowledge. We often see cranes and herons in our lowlands here, they are also frequent unwelcome visitors to backyard koi ponds. They are beautiful creatures, both still and in flight. We also have a joke at yoga practice that the crane pose is the yogi's secret handshake...because we can do it anywhere and when another yogi sees us in crane pose they know we are kindred spirits of the philosophy.

I recognize and am thankful each day for my links to the past. I can pull knowledge from long ago conversations with departed loved ones, and through that link still have a thread of caring to the ancestors I never knew. My talents come from that thread as do my physical characteristics. For those grey days when we feel blue and lonely we can raise our face to the light and use memories to connect to better times and ancient sunshine.

"Every man is an omnibus in which his ancestors ride." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes 1809-1894

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your blog for showing me the card and giving your personal views. Of course the quotes are a huge bonus for me because I collect them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well my blog is nothing if not personal views :) I been called a square cog in a round world. Thanks for visiting~ AJ

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn