Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Daily Draw: Magical Menagerie ~ Fox

Quick witted, sly, cunning. The last two traits are no doubt necessary if you are an animal in a changing world. Like coyotes, their natural habitat is now covered by houses and blacktop and shopping malls. Being quick witted is something we can all aspire to.

I'm reminded by this card of all the times that perfect rejoinder has come to me in the middle of the night...hours after the opportunity to say it has passed.

"I will name you the degrees. The first, the Retort Courteous; the second, the Quip Modest; the third, the Reply Churlish; the fourth, the Reproof Valiant; the fifth, the Countercheck Quarrelsome; the sixth, the Lie with Circumstance; the seventh, the Lie Direct." ~ William Shakespeare 1564-1616

1 comment:

  1. I really like this deck. Now to go back through the posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn