Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fresh outlook, new attitude, restart your engine

Daily Draw: The Enchanted Tarot ~ Ace of Pents

This card addresses fresh beginnings, new jobs or relationships, projects and plans...there is always something new to learn, even about subjects we love, or ourselves.

I'm reminded by this card that at my core I am a fiber artist. It is one of the three constants in my adult life when everything else has changed again and again. But a couple of times I've fallen on fallow ground. Not interested in on-going projects, new ones, fabrics, books, guilds, shows, nada. It is a really weird feeling and at the longest, has lasted a year with me not touching a needle. I've been in one of these fallow times these last 6-8 months and because without the fire it feels like something in me is missing, I turned to my small circle of special friends, the Facets Ladies. I asked for help and I got it. Enough of a nudge to enable me to push myself off the starting block and surge forward. Once again, my spare time is happily filled with fabric, projects, interest in what's new; my needle is humming once again and I've even started a quilting blog. Three cheers for the Ace of Pents--because me without thread and needle in hand just ain't natural.

"What they call talent is nothing but the capacity for doing continuous work in the right way." ~ Winslow Homer 1836-1910

The deck this week is the Enchanted Tarot, art by Amy Zerner, charming book by Monte Farber. Amy is a fiber artist and each card image has been made from fabric, lace, embellishments, and fancy threadwork. The perfect deck to celebrate my own renewal. Hint: if you are in their on-line store and click on a category, the items returned are way down at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

  1. What funny timing! My mother just bought me this deck (among others) and I received it in yesterday's mail! I was reading through some of the book last night.

    I'm going to check out your quilting blog. I love sewing and knitting and all that good stuff too! :)

    ~Kiki

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn