Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

It's The Thought That Counts

Daily Draw: Royal Fez Moroccan Tarot ~ 6 of Cups

Do you remember the best gift you ever got? I think one of my favorites was Rob suddenly pulling to the side of a narrow road at the coast, jumping out and going into a farmer's pasture to pick me 3 daffodils. He just handed them to me, started up and drove on. My heart will always remain touched by that romantic and spontaneous act.

I'm reminded by this card that grand gestures like a car with a big bow on it the driveway on your birthday is breathtaking, but it is the smaller spur of the moment, just because gestures that form the latticework of life's best gifts.

"Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more." ~ David Steindl-Rast 1926-

1 comment:

  1. I love the post today - thanks for sharing. I read your posts every day and find them so insightful. Today was a "hard to be thankful" kind of day - but then we went to the farm stand and got fresh tomatoes, asparagus, cantalope, plums, green peppers, cherries and grapefruit (figure that one out in a WA farm stand) - and the day turned around nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn