Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nostalgia and childhood memories

Buckland Romani Tarot ~ 6 of Koros

When siblings aren't fighting they are usually pretty good friends; if you are isolated they are often the only friends you've got. And who doesn't remember their best friends from the early days? Riding bikes like the wind without a care in the world, picking berries, peeling cascara bark, weeding the garden, swimming and picnics at the river and all the let's pretend games. And the first childhood friend to die... Denny, when the snow loaded barn roof collapsed on him. What a shock to the system that is. OMG we might be mortal.

I'm reminded by this card of my little sister, born on my 10th birthday and probably the nicest person I know. She is 40-something now, and to this day I've never heard her say an unkind word about anyone. We've lead very different lives, often with not much in common...except that bond of sisterhood and memories of growing up together. Raising my koros to Delores today ~ Thanks for the memories.

"Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days." ~ Doug Larson 1902-1982

2 comments:

  1. This entry choked me up. Thank you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate hearing from you. Congratulations on your newly published book, good job! Quirk

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn