Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Off To The Races

Daily Draw: Magical Forest Tarot ~ Chariot

Well, here we are...me, 2 wild eyed cats, and my little Pom Pembroke, off in a few minutes to try to keep up with my 90 year old father-in-law for a few days. I may even loose all financial common sense and treat myself to a latte for the road.

I'm reminded by this card that even though it is a working weekend, we will always have fun because we stop to smell the roses. Driving our lives without a break makes us shell-shocked and bug-eyed, lets not go there.

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." ~ John Lubbock 1834-1913

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharyn,

    I love the quote on your post today. It is so true. Stopping along the way to enjoy the journey is never a waste of time.

    My husband is one of those hurry up people - everything has to be done as quickly as possbile and resting is not an option. That takes all the enjoyment out of everything.

    Almost anything can be enjoyable if you stop for a pleasant break to savour something.

    Sincerely,
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm new to your blog -- Arwen recommended you! I'm looking forward to learning from you and with you. And oh, I love this deck! I'm fairly new to Tarot and I'm quickly becoming a deck addict...sigh!

    :) Annette (MaidenElf)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psst, I highlighted your blog on mine today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Arwen sent me :) and I'm so glad I came!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn