Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Old Habits New Beliefs

Daily Draw: Ukiyoe Tarot ~ 2 of Coins

Occasionally the most hidebound amongst us has an epiphany; the realization that what we thought were rock solid opinions and beliefs have shifted. It is a little scary because we've usually based a lot of opinions and actions on those beliefs. It can be as simple as thinking pole beans are the only way to grow green beans, fighting the idea of switching to planting of bush beans tooth and nail...and finding bush beans were a whole lot easier and nicer to grow, pick, and clean up at garden's end. Or it could be life changing, shifting from Hindu to Catholicism for instance.

I'm reminded by this card we finish our physical growth at about 21, our emotional, spiritual, and mental growth stops when we draw our last breath. There is no limit to the depth and width of that growth except for the blocks we throw up ourselves. I welcome that growth and actively seek it.

"Every day do or learn something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow." ~ Doug Firebaugh 1948-

1 comment:

  1. Hi Quirky,

    Every day when I read your post I find myself nodding my head and thinking to myself - this is so true.

    Today, it seems even more true!

    The older and wiser I get the easier I find it to change my opinion on just about anything. However, I have come across some people who NEVER, NEVER, NEVER change their viewpoint. It always makes me so glad that my mind is flexible.

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn