Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

You Have A Touch Of Destiny

Daily Draw: Napo Tarot ~ Wheel

Tia Dalma. If the bones say it, it must be so, right? Do you believe in fate or destiny? Or do you believe we make our own future by our choice of actions, absolutely nothing is foretold?

I'm reminded by this card, as yesterday's, that choice is what our time here is all about. Today is one more opportunity to choose thoughts and actions that will bring or keep us at the top of the Wheel.

"If you do not create your destiny, you will have your fate inflicted upon you." ~ William Irwin Thompson 1938-

1 comment:

  1. I believe in a combination of fate/destiny and choice/free will. Basically, I believe that destiny is the opportunity for certain experiences in this lifetime and what we do with those opportunities is determined largely by choice, ours and others. That's precisely what I explore in my latest novel, Field of Destiny. The overarching question is this: if we come into this world hoping for the opportunity at a certain destiny and we're on that path, can someone else's free will change that destiny or just present a detour to our ultimate fate? I'd love to hear what others have to say. - Patricia Sheehy, author

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn