Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

Areba, Areba

Daily Draw: 1001 Nights Tarot ~ 4 of Swords

Remember Speedy Gonzalez, the speed of light cartoon mouse? That is sort of what I feel like this past year. I'm having fun, I like what I do, but I noticed last night I could barely drag myself upstairs and it surprised me. My body was betraying my needs.

I'm reminded by this card that all of us need rest and recreation. Down time. Recoup and gather our wits time. After awhile an hour or two here and there just won't cut it. One of the few downsides of being self employed is you seldom take a vacation. I'm taking off until Sunday. There I said it, so I must be going to do it. Areba, areba!

"Vacation is what you take when you can't take what you've been taking any longer." ~ Cowardly Lion, 1900-

2 comments:

  1. Hi Quirky,

    I hope you have a lovely restful weekend. I'm looking forward to finding out what next week's deck will be!

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sammie, I had to laugh when I came home to your note. Best laid plans and all that...I worked like a ruddy draft horse this weekend. I'm sure it was good for my character... :-) Quirk

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn