Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lifted By Friends

Daily Draw: 1001 Nights Tarot ~ Ace of Cups

Four mermaids hold aloft a golden plate containing another, bearing her toward an empty gilt throne. Cups are about feelings, relationships, emotional involvement to name a few. And I'm being hit over the head with them this week.

I'm reminded by this card that I took several of the tests I mentioned on Sunday and failed miserably in the social department; my circle is definitely flat on that side. I forced myself to agree to a luncheon this week. Of course I had fun, and laughter, and hugs with women I haven't seen in at least a year. So what the heck is the problem with me? I'm not shy, nor hideous, nor unfriendly, dull or busy 24/7. It takes someone bearing me off the hill to get my butt moving into a social situation. I know in my heart that there is an empty chair waiting for me with all my friends, I need to fill it more often. But it just seems so frivolous and time wasting...

"I guess I'm pretty much of a lone wolf. I don't say I don't like people at all but, to tell you the truth I only like it then if I have a chance to look deep into their hearts and their minds." ~ Bela Lugosi 1882-1956

1 comment:

  1. Hi Quirk,

    I really identified with this one. What a great feeling when you realise there other people out there just like yourself.

    Catxx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn