Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Body and Soul Armor

Daily Draw: Deviant Moon Tarot ~ Knight of Coins

This person has enabled herself to compete and succeed in a grim smokestack world. She's hell on wheels is a compliment paid to one who lets nothing stand in her way.

I'm reminded by this card that without personal armor, the world will run right over us, crushing our heart and spirit as it passes. We wear armor of attitude, mood, dress, and behavior. And we are treated accordingly. A occasional chink can also be a good thing.

"A man in armor is his armor's slave." ~ Robert Browning 1812-1889

1 comment:

  1. Hi Quirkie/Sharyn,

    What an insightful post. I've been thinking about it and I think that while chinks are important - too many can be bad, too. Sometimes, I really do think I need a better suit of armor so things don't hurt so much.

    Other times, though, I think, to hell with it - just take the armor off and forget about it.

    Your posts always give me reason to think.

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn