Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Not A Pretty Sight

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Medusa

I chose this deck for its gorgeous art and look what came up on the first draw. I will preface this weeks posts with the confession that I know squat about Ancient Feminine Goddesses & Heroines...but that's never stopped me from jumping in feet first before. Sink or swim I always say, it's no fun safe on the bank.

I'm reminded by this card of my hair-trigger temper and how many times it has gotten me in trouble. With age I have gotten some feminine wisdom and can at least speak with sense or better yet keep my mouth shut when I'm livid but never the less, this is a side of me I'd rather never see again. The point of the card though, based on Medusa is to not let hurts and angers build inside, or you transform into a Medusa in spite of yourself, or even unknowingly. Lets not go there, it isn't a pretty sight on anyone or for anyone.

"Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind." ~ Siddhattha Gotama 563 BCE - 483 BCE

Ancient Feminine Wisdom of Goddess and Heroines, by Kay Stevenson & Brian Clark, published by U.S. Games Systems, Inc.2007; 78 card deck with 64 page booklet.

1 comment:

  1. (((Quirk)))) I think we all have the side to ourselves, gotta be in balance eh ;) .... she looks like she's having a bad hair day, so may be entitled to be a bit cranky!

    x Mouse

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn