Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Journey Is The Thing

Daily Draw: Deviant Moon Tarot ~ Knight of Cups

The Knight lifts his cup in salute to the sea before him and the firmament behind. Below him are the remains of those chose to stay, be safe, be small. What did it gain them? Small lives? The Knight is a changed person, yet comfortable and confident in his new skin.

I'm reminded by this card of the divergent paths people's lives lead. I grew up in a small community, 27 people in my graduation class. I don't know if any of us had a 'big' life but I know some of them have never left the county they were born in. Are they happy? I hope so. Would I have been, had I stayed? Never in a million years. And so much more to look forward to as I continue the journey...

"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before." ~ Erich Fromm 1900-1980

The Deviant Moon Tarot by Patrick Valenza is the workhorse deck of the week. Published 2008 by U.S. Games Systems, this is a deck like no other. Some call it dark and frightening, to me it is sweet and melencholy. That is the joy of decks and why we have so many to choose from. Thank you Patrick, for sharing your art with us.

A few minutes after completing this post I found this from Val in my inbox, I thought it quite applied to the Knight today:
There comes a point in your life when you realize
Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
And who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharyn,

    I find it sweet and melancholy, too. Meloncholy in that good kind of way - a sort of bittersweet way like bittersweet chocolate that (I think) tastes better than really sweet chocolate. Or meloncholy in that bittersweet way like some of Gordon Lightfoot's songs.

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn