Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Weather The Storm

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Amphitrite

You know those Tower moments in life? When everything around you seems to be collapsing? When your life and the things you felt the deepest about took a sharp turn and left you standing there with your mouth agape?

I'm reminded by this card that we each have the internal fortitude to take it, and make it. For me it comes from my faith and my practical nature. I really do know that this too shall pass, the wheel always turns and it turns back up faster if I help push. For others it is their abiding love of family, a well formulated goal, sheer stubborness... Weathering the big storms of life sculpt who we are; they leave behind the grey hair and wrinkles and soul scars and a deeper beauty than any that can be seen on the current flavor of the day celeb. I hope for all of us it makes us better people than we were before being beset by the storm.

"Conviction brings a silent, indefinable beauty into faces made of the commonest human clay" ~ Honore de Balzac 1799-1850

1 comment:

  1. Hi Quirkie,

    This quote from your blog is wonderful:

    "it turns back up faster if I help push"

    All of us need to learn to push our own Wheel of Fortune!

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn