Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Know What You Are Thinking

Daily Draw: True Love Tarot ~ High Priestess

Subtitled Intuition, this card asks us to recognize that bond we 'old married people' have. We can be anywhere, doing anything, we will hear or see something and we just look at each other and nod or laugh. We both know what the other is thinking.

I'm reminded by this card all the special benefits 38 years of marriage brings. And I often wonder why in the world people are getting divorces after just a couple of years of marriage. They don't even know each other yet! I love being married to Rob and while we often know without saying, we are each often surprised by a new facet or opinion the other had no idea about. So we can enjoy the comfort of companionship of being best friends, we can also always look forward to something exciting and interesting in the relationship too.

"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others." ~ Francois Mauriac 1885-1970

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving these draws Quirk, it's all too rare that we hear of the longevity and happiness that couples can share ..... gives hope that there is that right person out there for everyone!

    x Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we aren't perfect believe me. The other night he made mock of me for standing on the step to kiss him so I ran away shouting screw you and the horse you rode in on. We have a circular downstairs so we just kept going around like Tom and Jerry cartoon until we were laughing so hard tears were squirting out :-). I think the ability to laugh at ourselves is probably our greatest strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah but what is perfection LOL? I think if we can love & accept ourselves for who we are, give the same to our other halves ...... and receive the same back, then we're pretty lucky. Add some fun & laughter into the mix, and it's gonna come out well :) ... mind, you have to work at relationships too, all too often these days it seems that so many people don't!

    x Mouse

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn