Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Know Thy Self

Daily Draw: Radiant Sun Oracle ~ Endurance

Scorpio ruled by the Sun in the 8th house
Passion, self mastery
Drive to succeed
Self knowledge

This card has me so nailed I'm not even clear what to write about. Except I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, nor the 10 years before that. The three points above are truly what guide me: If I am part of something I give it my all, no waffling or lurking. If I tackle a project or task I carry it to its completion. As indicated by this blog I work daily at being the person I want to be and then improving on that. Pretty boring stuff, but me in a nutshell.

I'm reminded by this card that I know people who have forgotten who they are. They have no purpose or goals or dreams, they just float through their days. For me that would be belly up in the fishbowl life. I make my own life so hard sometimes, but I'd still rather be me...places to go people to see things to learn, I'm glad to be alive.

"Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do." ~ Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal 1972-

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharyn, I love this . . .

    "Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do."

    . . and it is so true! Thanks for sharing your blog with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I really like your blog! I love what you say about striving to be the person you want to be and making improvements. this is something to aspire to and I'll keep this in mind. I wish I were consistantly this way! :) must work on that... thanks

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn