Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What Was It I Was Doing?

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Master ~ 8 of Cups

This card traditionally shows a figure walking away from the cups, often over rough terrain. While I was wondering if I could connect that image to today's cheerful cups I wandered off to YahooGroups to get a piece of information from a group I own. 43 minutes later I realized I had turned my back and walked away from my cups...

I'm reminded by this card how easy it is with today's busy lifestyles and fragmented attention spans to loose track of what we should be doing. It makes it difficult to learn new things, to complete tasks, to build a cohesive day we can look back on and identify progress. One of the many things I'm attempting to put right in my life. Focus...

"By a tranquil mind I mean nothing else than a mind well ordered." ~ Marcus Aurelius Antoninus 121-180 AD

2 comments:

  1. I am nodding away with you.
    I enjoy these musings and quotes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharyn,

    This is something I really need to think about, too. Somedays, I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off - very busy but not getting anything done.

    It is always such a pleasure to read your blog.

    This is a very nice deck - very pleasing and soothing colors and images.

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn