Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Bound and Tied

Daily Draw: Lord of the Rings Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

Pippin and Merry are captured by the Orcs. I've not been in the service and have to fight for my life, but I've been furious enough in the past to raise my hands in anger against someone, and I've also been in the position of being so angry that someone felt it was necessary to hold me down.

I'm reminded by this card of what terrible feelings were coursing though me. The astonishment of discovery, the adrenaline, the sheer madness if you will... but being held against my will was the worst, much worse than the anger or potential consequences. That day was the first step in anger control for me, I never again have placed myself in a position were someone else had control of my physical movements.

"There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom". ~ J. Michael Straczynski 1954-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn