Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

As I turn the pages of my mind

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ 6 of Water

Subtitled memory, Leonardo cautioned his students to draw studies wherever they were so they would have a visual reminder to fall back on, he didn't trust the brain to remember the details.

I'm reminded by this card of one of my quirks. Keeping in mind that my stick people aren't even recognizable as such, I carry a small sketchbook in my purse and if waiting somewhere I make a quick sketch of the area. I have parking lots, waiting room decor (written tongue in cheek), traffic jams, restaurant tables, post office and oh so much more. They are goofy and terribly done, but fun to look back through. Memory of waits? Who'd want to? But I have something I can hold in my hand and say it wasn't wasted time, it was productive time. An extension of that...I was there I must be real.

"Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us." ~ Oscar Wilde 1854-1900

2 comments:

  1. Blimey, how big is your handbag? How fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small...ish. The drawing book is about 4" square.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn