Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bilbo's Library

Daily Draw: Lord of the Rings Tarot ~ 3 of Coins

I'm always surprised when someone I know doesn't want to do something because they don't want to be bothered with learning something new.

I'm reminded by this view of Biblo's library, that learning something new is why I love to get up in the morning...whatever happens will add to my fund of knowledge and skills and it is always exciting to see what the day brings, preparing me all the better for the tomorrows.

"All of the top achievers I know are life-long learners... Looking for new skills, insights, and ideas. If they're not learning, they're not growing... not moving toward excellence." ~ Denis Waitley 1933-

Some fun for this week's deck, The Lord of the Rings Tarot and book, Artwork by Peter Pracownik, book by Terry Donaldson. Published by U.S. Games Systems 1997. A special thank you to U.S. Games Systems founder and owner Stewart Kaplan for 'making my deck whole' again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharyn,

    I think wanting to learn new things and going ahead and learning new things is one of the keys to keeping your mind fit and active. If you don't challenge your mind, it just wastes away as you get older.

    There are still so many things I want to learn - to speak Spanish, to speak French and German as well, to read playing cards, to relearn the piano after many years of not playing........

    Learning is the fountain of youth! (I think)

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn