Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Details

Daily Draw: Druid Plant Oracle ~ Lady's Mantle

Yesterday I took my first yoga retreat...who knew you could exercise all day and feel great at the same time? I love yoga! We had a beautiful lunch and good conversation and then we took a 'guided meditation walk'. She asked us to choose a mantra, perhaps thank you, to observe, and to kiss the ground with each step. To be honest I felt a bit daft in the beginning but it was a lovely afternoon, and I thought I'd do my insomnia mantra, let it go. But a little ways into the stroll I realized let it go was the opposite of what I was reaching for this day, and changed to thank you for everything I laid eyes on.

I'm reminded by this card that river rock, bird house, fern, black-top, and water all have something in common and I am very thankful for it. We see and take them for granted each day, never giving a thought to beauty or utility because they are constant parts of our landscape. It was nice to be reminded that without the common things we'd have an uncommonly difficult and ugly life.

"One does a whole painting for one peach and people see just the opposite -- that particular peach is but a detail in the whole painting". ~ Pablo Picasso 1881-1973

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharyn,

    This is a deck I just purchased - it is so lovely. The cards are so big and could be considered suitable for framing!

    I'm loving reading your take on the cards!

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn