Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ghosts of Dead Marshes

Daily Draw: Lord of the Rings Tarot ~ 8 of Cups

Gollum warned Frodo and Sam not to look in the reflecting pools because they would see ghosts that would lead them astray.

I'm reminded by this card of the ghost voices and tapes that can lead me astray. I'm older and wiser but still sometimes old hurts and habits float to the top and try to overcome better instincts. The only time that battle will stop is the day I die.

"If a man harbors fear, it percolates through all his thinking, damages his personality, makes him landlord to a ghost." ~ Lloyd C. Douglas 1877-1951

1 comment:

  1. I am loving these cards! Amazing! I am re-reading the trilogy: Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix. He's a great Oz author writing about a different world.

    Loz in Oz

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn