Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Swee'Pea, Louie, Huey, and Dewey

Daily Draw: Halloween Tarot ~ 8 of Ghosts

Ever wonder where Popeye's Little Swee'pea came from? July 28, 1933, Popeye received a foundling baby in the mail, whom he adopted and named "Swee'Pea". Popeye referred to him as "my adoptid infink". Of himself he always said "There's no ifs or maybes I'll never has babies! I'm Popeye The Sailor Man!"

What about Huey Dewy and Louie? October 17, 1937 the boys arrived with a letter. "Dear Donald, I am sending your angel nephews Louie, Huey and Dewey, to stay with you while their father is in the hospital. A giant firecracker exploded under his chair. The little darlings are so playful. I hope you enjoy them. Your cousin, Della." No one ever came to get them.

What does this have to do with my 8 of Ghosts? Some questions we will never know the whole story about, time to put some more ghosts of the past behind us and move on.

"Courage is fear that has said it's prayers." Dorothy Bernard 1890-1955

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sharyn
    I must admit that by reading your blog I've fallen for the charm of the Halloween tarot.
    So I just ordered it from Tarotchest. Naughty, naughty.
    I blame it all on you.
    Love and a happy halloween from me ;o)
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy this deck very much...but then I can say that truthfully about 'almost' every deck I've used on my blog which is probably somewhere around a 100 by now. I do limit the number I own for common sense sake so it is easy to define what a keeper is for me. If I can live with selling or trading it off, it isn't a keeper. If just thinking about it makes me smile with pleasure and good memories of using it then it's a keeper :)
    Thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn