Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little Cheese with that Whine?

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Cloisters ~ 4 of Swords

My back has been killing me for two weeks. None of my normal routines for dealing with chronic pain touches it. When my friend Ruth's cancer returned it was in her back, a pain she ignored for 4 months because she had a job to finish and didn't have time to see her doctor. Of course it killed her 18 months later. We currently do not have health insurance, one of America's many great unwashed.

I'm reminded by this card to snap out of it. Pain is one of the three constants in my life, I'm just fine. Give it a rest. What will be will be. It's all in my mind. It's just stress. I'll be laughing about this shortly. Or the ever refreshing parental fix, "Quit your whining or I'll give you something to cry about".

"While others may argue about whether the world ends with a bang or a whimper, I just want to make sure mine doesn't end with a whine." ~ Barbara Gordon, I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can

Tarot of the Cloisters is the brain rinse for last week's Liber T, polar opposites. Created and Illustrated by Michelle Leavitt, Published by U.S. Games Systems 1993. It has been out of print for years, but a little digging turns up still sealed decks...at a price.

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the "what card are you?" quiz on this blog?

    http://madebyandrea.blogspot.com/

    This was my result.

    http://www.flarn.com/~warlock/tarot/winged/18.html

    Do you think this description is right for the card? Just wondering.

    Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. that second link will only take me to the original page, not your results. can you copy and paste the image and email it to me? thefarm @ kalama.com

    those random generator sites are a lot of fun but about as accurate as a person cares to believe. We are all changeable by the minute...Most women new to tarot see themselves as the Queen of Swords. I've learned to see myself in whatever my card of the day is, much more accurate :) Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharyn,

    Hope your back feels better soon - back pain is such a hard thing to deal with.

    I've had chronic facial pain for almost 20 years now - have gone through endless tests with no certain cause except nerve damage. Luckily, it is easy to forget if you get busy with something. The worst time with it is when you go to bed - as soon as you stop thinking about things then you feel it.

    I'm having fun catching up on your blog!

    Sammie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn