Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Can Do This

Daily Draw: Druid Animal Oracle ~ Eagle

A wonderful card to pull for today, so early in the new year. The eagle represents intelligence, renewal, and courage. Look at the height of the lake behind the hills. It looks like a lake behind a dam, which is what projects and obligations can sometimes feel like. A whole lot of whatever, backed up and putting incredible pressure on the person supporting.

I'm reminded by this card that anything can be accomplished 15 minutes at a time, that I can carry any load if I am balanced, and I do have the courage to face what comes.

"The world would have you agree with its dismal dream of limitation. But the light would have you soar like the eagle of your sacred visions." ~ Alan Cohen

This week's deck is The Druid Animal Oracle, written by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm with Bill Worthington doing the card art. I love this deck, one because I have feel such an affinity with animals and Mr. Worthington's art is beautifully rendered giving much food for thought. The second reason is funny. I came to tarot in my annual search for something new to learn. I happened to see a listing for a tarot course in Barnes and Nobel free class listings. I thought Wow, the history and symbology of tarot could keep a research and info junkie like me occupied for a long time.

Well, I was right. I've enjoyed delving deeper and deeper into the history and symbology of the cards, and even learning to use them for personal growth and think pieces. But being new to the subject I didn't know there is a world of difference between a tarot deck and a Oracle and the Druid Animal Oracle was my very first deck. I've learned to love working with oracles and I'll always keep this Ebay prize because it was my very first deck.

1 comment:

  1. looks like an interesting deck! i came to your blog from aeclectic tarot and I love it ~ I hope that you will visit my place, too. I am going to be writing more about the Tarot this year so I hopet hat you will follow me! Sending hugs and blessings ~

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn