Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Labels

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Stars ~ Queen of Swords

In simple fortune-telling the Queen of Swords is often thought to be sharp tongued, the other woman, a gossip...all the court cards can be seen as one-dimensional, the surrounding cards must flesh them out.

I'm reminded by this card we often make one-sided assumptions about people. We only see a professor at the head of class so are dumbfounded to read in the paper she got a DUI. We only know the pastor behind the pulpit and do a double take when we see him in street clothes grocery shopping. All of us have a full life with many facets, I'd do well to remember that next time I take a dislike to someone.

"We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions." ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer 1904-1991

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a deck that I used to have that I really liked. The cards were quite large and it was entirely in Italian. I got it from Alida Store. It was Tarocchi delle Stelle. Tarot of the Stars. Nice deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch, thanks, and obvious that even looking it up I still got it wrong! This IS Tarot of the Stars, not Gold. Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn