Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Mom Reversed

Daily Draw: Revelations Tarot ~ Empress Reversed

I usually draw a blank on this card...she is often shown pregnant, often as maternal...erm...not me in any way shape or form. I haven't drawn it many times over the years either. But here I am, my first deliberate using of reversals and there she is. All non-maternal, non-pg, nope, no one's mother in this card!

I'm reminded by this card what a blessing it was for children not to have me as a mother. I can't name how many ways I would have been a rotten mom. Things always work out right in the end, don't they?

"There may be some doubt as to who are the best people to have children, but there can be no doubt that parents are the worst." ~ George Bernard Shaw 1814-1885

1 comment:

  1. Have to agree with you here. Your post makes me smile. I'm not the motherly type and thankfully, I figured it out prior to giving birth. Can't say that for everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn