Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mired In The Web

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home ~ 10 of Wind Songs

A fresh take on the already grim 10 of Swords card. But here we are presented with two visions or versions. Is the spider simply making a living with no malice toward the butterfly? Or was the butterfly in the wrong place at the wrong time, unable to avert the coming long slow death?

I'm reminded by this card of vegetarianism and the truth and common sense of their stand that I understand, yet at the same time I'm raising chickens and beef for our table. Does that make me a Spiderfly? Walking between worlds freely, or mired in the web?

"We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr 1929-1968

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn